Monday, October 02, 2006

This is a song I wrote almost one year ago when a someone very close to me was seeing his mom very sick. I had almost forgot that I had written this song, however an old friend reminded me of it and how it had spoken to her while she goes through much of the same thing. I was so touched and humbled that Jesus could use this song to bring him glory. Praise Jesus!

I get on my knees

It’s the only thing I can do

When my world seems to crash and burn

I can only turn to you

This world is full of tragedies

Things that don’t make sense to me

Why do people have to suffer

do children have to cry

I feel so insignificant

I want to question why

I know you have control of it

I have seen your hand before

the one thing that you ask of me;

the one thing I avoid

I should know that prayer has power

so on the floor I move

I get on my knees

It’s the only thing I can do

When the world around me crashes and burns

I can only turn to you

Its easy to pray for others

Its hard when its close to home

whatever way it is to go

how many tears I cry

I pray your will be done in me

I pray to be refined

I want to weep in grief right now

and I want to ask you why

In my head I know your faithful

but my heart is crying out

Where are you Lord I need your love

come meet me on the ground

I get on my knees

It’s the only thing I can do

When my world seems to crash and burn

I can only turn to you

(c) Taryn Schmuland Oct 2005

2 comments:

Blake said...

wow, two entrys! you must be busy trying to write all of that. Crap, i still haven't put anthing in my blog. Maybe i should get on that. God bless kiddo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your song Taryn :)