Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Dwayne Ugie

Well this is the president of my former school. Dwayne Uglem. Well he was here visiting Nova Scotia, and was actually staying with very good friends of my parents. So Monday night (after my horrific hitchhiking escapade) we heading over to the house for a four course meal prepared by master chef Mike. (Side note: It was fabulous by the way starting off with pumpkin soup, and then loin roast of some kind filled with cranberry stuffing, and crisp for dessert...ah it was awesome) Anyway so it was a pretty sweet nite, finding out what God is doing there (although he could not remember for the life of him what the theme of the college was...some president...JK!) The people around the table consisted of my parents, Mike and Julie Chaisson, and Kay and Lisa Franklin. So inevitably we also started talking about our church Temple and where it is going and why things are the way they are. In the end our questions were not answered (perhaps a future blog I will spew out my thoughts on the issue, as of yet they are not completely put together) And then we ended up praying as a group for temple and for briercrest. It was awesome. Although the myspace someone has made for him is quite hilarious (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=71379227) he is an amazing godly man, who is truly seeking the Lord in the direction the school is taking. He is so humble and soft hearted. I was truly comforted to know that the Lord has placed Briercrest in such amazing gifted hands.
So that is all for now...Jenn Spen and I are constantly thinking up things to write in our blogs, but when we actually sit down to write, we forget all our ideas or we don't take pictures. Oh well, sooner or later I will find my camera and have it on me all the time, so i will be the best blogger I can be...but until then, everyone reading (thanks Blako) will have to do with crappy pictures...Until then...
bye

6 comments:

Blake said...

ya thats right, im faithful. glad to hear your impressions of dwayne are good ones. i dont know the guy at all but to know the old c-port is in good hands is comforting. what the heck is up with temple?

annie.marie said...

shmu!!! this is a great blog!! im glad to see you on here, and was delighted for your comment!! now we can keep in touch through THIS TOO! hehe!! sounds like you're doing great! miss you, and thanks for your prayers!

Charisa said...

I love that you just called him Dwayne Ugie... and for future reference the theme is "Going Somewhere" from John 6:68. I hope you're doing well & enjoying your fall!!

afterthoughtcomposer said...

Taryn! Hey thanks for the comment on my blog, nice to know at least one person is reading it, lol... You must tell me more about your jaw surgery! Look forward to reading your blog!
Have a good night :)

Joelle said...

Hey! I just added you to my links! You are now officially one of my blogging friends...yeah!

Taryn said...

wow...thanks buddy...