Monday, October 16, 2006

The Hitchhikers guide to Halifax!!

Well, I really should be studying for my physiology exam right now, but I finally have something to blog about. This whole weekend was awesome but there has been nothing that I really want to share with the world in my blog. (world being 3 people) But this morning has been nothing but adventure. So Monday mornings on my way to school I usually pick up Jon Bryant. So nothing is terribly unusual as of yet except I am late as per usual. John and I are groovin' to some sweet gansta music in a huge traffic jam and poof, my clutch decides not to work. I can not shift my gears whatsoever. We had just passed a big accident with police and ambulence and my gears just aren't shifting. So I pull over to the side of the road, with tons of traffic close behind, and of course almost start to freak out. I call my mechanic (who thankfully is on speed dial #3 on my cell) who is not at the shop yet. (its like 8:00am) Ah! So then I call his cell phone...nope not there either...and then I try his house phone...yes I do have all three numbers...my car and truck break down alot. Finally I reach him at the office and arrange for a tow truck. Mean while Jon and I both have 8:30 classes. AHHH!! So Jon and I do the only logical thing....hitchhike. Well Jon hitchhiked and I walked beside him refusing to believe that I was hitchhking. Needless to day we were picked up by two great guys name Scott and Chris who were on there way to DAL as well. Praise the Lord!! I eventually made it to class although I was a tad late. So thank you to all those who pick up hitchhikers that break their clutch. I have no idea what I would have done without Jon there...probably would have sat in my car and cried...so thanks Jon! Jon always viewed it as an adventure...and alas I guess it was. so that is my story, I wish I would have had my camera, I would have documented it all for my blog, because I am not the greatest story teller...oh well, this will have to do...hopefully I will have more blogging moments in the near future.!!! Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

i am WAY too chicken to hitch hike! good thing you had a guy with you! when my car broke down outside medicine hat at 11pm, and i had no cell phone, with no houses/buildings in sight, i would have loved to have a guy there with me!